19 August, 2012

Polaroid Quilt

Awhile back I posted some photos of the Polaroids I'd made for my Monday Night Modern quilt group (ok we're still arguing about our name but I think it's some sort of variation on that theme!). We put all of them in a pile and then sorted them out by colour and all took a pile home to turn into a quilt for the NICU unit at Starship. I hadn't managed to get the binding on for the last meeting, but it went in on Thursday when I had my second crochet lesson! But that's another post ;)

Untitled

I got lucky with the red blocks, and they went beautifully with this blue. Making them really wonky wasn't hard, but it made quilting it a real pain because all the bias along the edges caused a lot of stretching in places. It's ok, and I'm sure with a good wash it'll all crinkle up and not be so obvious but it buts me none-the-less! The spotty binding is very cute, and if it weren't destined for a very deserving tiny baby then I'd totally keep it for myself!

4 comments:

  1. I'm not surprised that you're tempted to keep this, its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. The red, the blue, the cute prints, spotty binding (always a winner!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! The perfect binding and quilting lines. Your quilting looks fine from what I can see.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails