25 April, 2012

KCWC Day 3

Big sigh. All that work and the great fabric and the Sunki tunic only fits if she stands completely straight and still.  I re-checked the measurements and she should just be within the 6/7 size range, but obviously this fits slim and more towards the lower end of the range of measurements. The sleeves are also a bit short. So. Dress goes next door to Abbie, who fits it, and I try again. This time I will also raise the bottom of the arm scythe as it's too low and causes the dress to lift when the arms are lifted. Boo-hoo. I'm pretty gutted about this, but serves me right for not tissue-fitting eh?

Luckily I also made up a skirt from an old shirt of mine, so the day wasn't completely wasted!

Untitled

It was so simple to do I almost hesitate to consider it 'sewing'! The shirt was a tunic-style one with a seam that ran around just under the bust, so I cut off the bottom half, folded over the top and put in some elastic. I didn't even have to hem it!

Untitled

I'm pleased she really likes it because the fabric is lovely, and buttery soft from age. I was kind of sad to give up on the shirt but to be honest it made me look pregnant and I had stopped wearing it almost a year ago. My stomach is a long way from its pre-baby flatness, but I don't need to make it look any larger than it is!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I see the answer to my question about fit. How disappointing after all that work and such pretty material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry the first dress didn't fit. I hate it when that happens. For me it's usually one of those late night sewing frenzies and I'm so eager to cut into the fabric, but the kids are asleep. Sooo been there. Good luck on your next rendition. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Can't believe it didn't fit. Hope you've got enough of that beautiful fabric for attempt number 2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great, I love simple sewing projects that just work nicely, though sorry to hear the tunic didn't work. 

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails