23 October, 2011

Stuffed animal sleeping bags

I've had the Flossie Teacakes stuffed animal sleeping bags Pinned for quite awhile but finally got on to making them after Cat gave me the gorgeous Heather Ross Far Far Away fabric as a gift. The pattern comes in three sizes - Daddy Bear (Teddy), Mummy Bear (Foofoo) and Baby Bear (Snooks). I don't know if Teddy is really a daddy bear (its sex varies from day to day to be honest) but the bag fits beautifully.

Stuffed toy sleeping bags

I'd like to make a longer one to accommodate Puppy, as he fits nicely in the largest width-wise but is too long - the beauty of the pattern is that it's easily altered to accommodate a range of animals of different sizes and shapes.

I bought the pink fabric from Stitchbird because I really felt that they had to be set. Not because I like buying fabric, oh no.  All the rest of the fabrics came from my stash so I feel vaguely virtuous about the whole exercise. Vaguely. Though if I have to get a fourth version to make Puppy's bag...

Stuffed Animal sleeping bags

Just simple straight line quilting but you could get fancy if you wanted - they'd be a great project to try out free-motion machine quilting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: Just to clarify, the pattern for the sleeping bags isn't mine - if you'd like to make one the pattern is available from Flossie Teacakes at the link above.  Thanks!

31 comments:

  1. They are really darling - I can imagine P would love these

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey @ Polka Dot DazeOctober 24, 2011 at 11:24 PM

    SUPER DUPER CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacey @ Polka Dot DazeOctober 24, 2011 at 11:24 PM

    PS Beautiful fabric choices again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely surprise to see this post in my feed reader - they're gorgeous and the fabric is completely dreamy. The creatures look very cosy indeed! Thank you so much for buying the pattern.

    Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  5. so too cute. I love them. the fabric is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those are very cute and look pretty easy to do to. A great idea to use up the fabric stash! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They all look so adorable in their sleeping bags.  Lovely fabrics too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh they are so gorgeous!  Wish my girls were small again!  

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! I absolutely love these and will be giving these a go for some cute Christmas presents! :) Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be perfectly honest and say these were about 80% for me, so children aren't necessarily a requirement :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. They do don't they, makes my inner 6 year go all happy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes they definitely are, there are 4 separate pieces so you can go wild with the combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It IS gorgeous fabric, it was very generous of Cat to pass it on!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was so much fun choosing the fabrics to go with the Far Far Away - lots of possibilities and I actually had the stuff in my stash too which I never seem to manage.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's such a great pattern, and a very simple idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think most kids would - thanks so much again for the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love those and will make a few samples for my little nephews.
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's a great pattern, hope your nephews enjoy the sleeping bags!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Where do I find the pattern.  I would love to make some for my grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Dian,

    The pattern is available to buy from Flossie Teacakes, this is the link: http://flossieteacakes.blogspot.com/2011/07/three-bears-sleeping-bag-pdf-pattern.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. You should sell these on Etsy.  They would go like hotcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super idea. Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Are you making and selling them???? :)
    I would love a couple of sets!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for the inspiration - I showed my MIL your picture above, and she whipped up a few of them for my two year old daughter: http://wildpeculiarjoy.blogspot.com/2013/02/doll-sleeping-bags.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Teddy is Missed, from NJMay 6, 2013 at 12:33 PM

    This is so cute! I had that teddy bear when I was younger but I lost her when I took her trick or treating :/ it was a bitter Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  26. Karen Bishop MccannJune 11, 2013 at 12:18 AM

    my daughter loves this. how can i get the pattern for this. do you also have doll patterns. not having much luck. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I made my first of 8 for my daughter for Christmas. It turned out amazing. Your pattern and directions are easy to follow. I posted a picture of my finished on on Facebook and I had three friends ask if I could make one for their kids. Thank you for putting this together!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails