24 June, 2010

Sewing Haiku

Close Up - Bobbins, Pins & Things


Or is that haikus? No, must be haiku plural.  All I know is that I suck at them. But the Selfish Seamstress doesn't!  I've only recently discovered her blog and really love it, though I don't love how she's all petite and can wear clothes I can't. Don't love that at all! :)  But for a petite person she writes a mean haiku and she writes them about sewing!  AND you can get them on tshirts and mugs etc.  I felt moved to post about them after her latest one about bobbins.  As they used to say about Seinfeld "it's funny because it's true".

4 comments:

  1. mean is right! ouch! but hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't feel that way about sewing for others either. or mending for others in fact which is more like it for me as my sewing output is sooo small. Then I feel like it's gifts of service you know, like how I bake for my family. But, the number of people who have suggested I make curtains and blinds for them as I have been struggling along with mine...really, I am NOT making curtains as a gift. and especially not frustrating fiddly blinds. "when monkeys fly out my butt" indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laugh even though I actually don't feel that way about sewing for other
    people. But having said that, sometimes those thoughts do flash through your
    brain and I love that she comes out and says it! And I DO feel that way
    about hemming pants, and people DO keep coming back to you like an
    infection. Not that I can tell him that or I might cause a marital rift.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails