11 June, 2010

Looking for a pattern - help!

I'm wondering if the great crafty hive-mind might be able to help me track down a tutorial/pattern. It was for a really nice laptop craft space/organiser for kids, with a pillow underneath and a hard top, and flaps with pockets that hung down either side.  I can picture the tutorial so clearly but I'm darned if I can remember where I found it, nor can I find any downloads or bookmarks. It's driving me crazy! 

And while I'm asking, does anyone have a good pattern for a back-of-the-carseat organiser for kids to store their junk in on car trips? 

Hazel's just come out of the harness on her car seat and is now using it as a booster with the seatbelt, which means she can now lean far enough forward to reach things on the back of the front seat. Though the novelty of that range of movement has faded fairly quickly which is much easier on the nerves. Plus I don't have to keep saying "sit back in the seat" "stop pushing your feet between the seats" "stop tickling the back of my neck" "stop pulling my hair".  Mostly it stopped when she made the mistake of tickling her daddy while he was driving and got growled at in that special daddy way that seems to instantly succeed where endless mummy admonishment fails.  I'm sure that safety was paramount in his mind and not the fact that he's rather ticklish :)

8 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, I had hard time finding it myself, but I have found very similar one I think it might be a help for you =)

    http://mermag.blogspot.com/2009/08/kind-of-sort-of-tutorial-of-sorts.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check this out! :)

    http://www.themayfly.com/weblog/2007/10/the_car_organizer_howto.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been bugging me all day! This is the link for where I saw one example made up from this tutorial on Chez Beeper Bebe. she has a link to the original and tutorial on mermag's blog. love it!
    http://chezbeeperbebe.blogspot.com/2010/03/kiddo-travel-desk-thanks-mermag.html
    It's the entry for 25th March 2010 if the link is dodgy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! I had to look 3 times before I found it. Kept going in to other blogs in case I was wrong....can't wait to see what you have in mind. I would've thought you had enough projects on with your new books of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To go along with your car activity bag, this tutorial for a car seat resuable trash bag has been on my to-do list for some time. I'm thinking one seat for the activity bag, the other for the trash bag. I think I'd probably line mine with oil cloth to make it wipeable...
    http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2009/04/trash-bag.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was it! Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent, thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, so that's where I would have come across it first. I actually went to
    Chez Beeper looking because I had a nagging feeling it was from there but
    couldn't find it as a download so thought I was mistaken! It's good to have
    the photos of different desks to get an idea of how it all works.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails