13 January, 2010

Easing back into it

As my friend Jess suggested earlier, the perfect way to get my craftyness on again is to start with a pair of pink wool baby slippers. Not that her advice was completely unbiased but I'm sure she mostly had my welfare at heart :)) So here's the start.

Button flowers WIP

I first started making these little slippers when Hazel had just learned to walk and they're really very simple to make. I can't find the link to the pattern I've adapted, but will find it for when I've got some completed slippers to show. Here's Hazel's chubby little toddler legs in the first pair I made. Eeeee so gorgeous! Even now I could just eat them up. The legs, not the slippers.

Bee slippers

I do believe that Jess has this pair as well now, though from memory the green was darker than they show in this photo - maybe they're not the same. I've made so many they start to merge together!

My cup runneth over with the 2+2 blouse as Oliver + S linked to it again in their ongoing series on how to use fabrics in clothing. It's really just so nice when other people like your stuff as much as you do! It's a great bunch of posts that series, if you're interested in making stylish clothes for kids it's all there.

7 comments:

  1. how small are they and how long do they take to make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well they’re actually as small or as big as you want them to be as you can size them up or down to print with lots of programs. But these ones I’m making right now are about 13cm from heel to toe. Another very cute pattern that’s smaller to start with (0-6months) is this one: http://www.michaelmillerfabrics.com/Blog/cloth_shoe.pdf (warning, it downloads immediately!). You can see shoes made with it here: http://ayumills.blogspot.com/2010/01/happy-new-year-2010.html Am happy to resize patterns or walk you through them. If you're new to the whole biz then I'd say they take a couple nights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sooo excited :) Yes I have that exact pair and the colour is right the second pair you sent me is darker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love love love LOVE! So want to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacqui,
    Your blog is looking so great!! Too cute, those slippers and the chubby legs! Good job on the link to your amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. I like your portrait idea and I might join in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you made those green slippers? they're fab!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails